8.16.2010

Shoe(t)!

What a Monday morning... What an adventure.

Something you might not know about me...My motto is "ABP."
Do you think the kids take me or my motto seriously? I think not.

I am constantly reminding the kids that they need to Always Be Prepared (or Patient, Professional, Punctual, or - well the list could go on)... You never know what's going to happen.  I told them to make sure their backpacks were ready last night, that Alex took a shower last night, that all the football gear and gym clothes were ready last night, that snacks for before Football practices were ready to go, last night.

Why?
Because...

And to prove my point? The electricity went out for about 30 minutes this morning... and while no permanent damage was done, it did set the kids back a little. Only because they didn't do anything that I asked of them last night.

A mother is always right.
When will these children learn?!

Maybe taking showers in the dark is a lesson learned?

Ready for another adventure? [I prolly should have taken my own advice.] 
I got dressed quickly this morning, and then worked to get the three monkeys out the door by 7:30.
Isa off to the bus stop, Alex to school, and Nic to daycare. I got back in the van after dropping a very sad Nic off and drove home. I am happy. Yeah, it's Monday. Yes, I have a lot of work to do this week for the J.O.B. - but I was in a good enough mood that I didn't let either of those things get me down.

I was still smiling to myself when I pulled into the garage, got out of the van, and made my way to our front door. That's when I looked down.  And then did a little tipping back and forth. Looked down again. And gasped. Or maybe I chuckled.

I realized I was wearing two different flip-flops. One was black and the other was a metallic gray.
Similar, but no cigar.


Worst part? Only one of the flip-flops actually belongs to me.


The other one is Isa's and a totally different size.

Hope you have a better start to your Monday!
=)

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing...I am laughing at you. And I only laugh because I did this too. you are in good company. :)

    Maybe one day the kids will learn to listen to mama...maybe when they are 30??? :0

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)