2.21.2011

Drapes Update

My formal dining room has a table and chairs in it.
And now some drapes.

My formal living room has a sofa sleeper [in a lovely southwestern motif that I cannot wait to slipcover] and a dog crate.
And now some drapes.

And that's about it.

Oh how I love these drapes. You may remember that they started out as clearanced tablecloths from Target.  Now they have a home on my windows, not on my table.

Before I start posting pictures, PLEASE remember that I am a LONG WAY from done. But I wanted to get them up so that I will be motivated to keep working on the space.

Front living room window.


Dining Room


I cannot decide if I am going to add a trim piece to the top or the bottom of the drapes, or if I am going to just lower the rod. We plan on putting in crown molding and definitely some built in book cases [on the living room side of the room].  Heck, we have a whole lotta plans for the space..


Maybe by the time the room is finished, I will have learned to take better in-door pictures.
Let us hope.

2 comments:

  1. It is hard taking photos inside!
    I love the drapes. I would not lower them...it is always better to have the eye draw UP...makes the room feel taller. Even though your room IS tall.
    It is all coming together.
    We had a BARE dining room for at least 4 years in this house...no kidding. It was fun for the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you decorate you beautiful home and how creative you are...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)