6.10.2011

File This Under: Yum!

The husband has had a hankerin’ for Pineapple Upside Down cake for a while now.

Too bad someone ate the can of pineapple rings. All we had were chunks.
He enlisted the kids to make a cake with whatever we had on hand.
And then he said – “hey, make them cupcakes!”

My mind can only imagine the mess. I mean, you know how hard it is to flip a real, full sized cake right-side-up.

Now imagine cupcakes. I could feel my anxiety rising.

The kids were insistent.

So – Alex took the pineapple cake mix and followed the directions. And as advised by me, they add a little pineapple juice to the mix (prolly two tablespoons full).

We then took cupcake liners (all we had on hand were pirate ones) – and filled our muffin tins. We first sprayed the liners with baking PAM – a good dose. We were replacing the butter. Then we took a tablespoon (or so) of brown sugar and made that the first layer. Then Isabel added two pineapple chunks.



And then I added one cherry. And then we poured the batter over the brown sugar, pineapples and cherries.




We baked them at 325* (because of our darker coated pan) for 22 minutes.



We took them out to cool. And then watched the CMT Music Awards – which was the only decent thing on our DVR. Meanwhile, the kids were outside having a water balloon fight.

After they cooled, mostly – I asked the husband if he wanted his ‘as is’ or if he wanted me to take off the liner and right-side up his cupcake. He opted for the latter.


Let me tell you... This is the BEST cupcake I have EVER tasted. Not just because it was Pineapple Upside Down... but because the cake was PERFECT.

I wish I could share them all with you – because they are THAT good! And they were sooo easy to make!

Off to have another one!!

:)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)