6.12.2011

A Smorgasbord

Two Posts in One Day: Lucky you!

CHEAP DIM (did it myself) ART:
I got the spray paint out for this one...
I bought cheap picture frames from IKEA a while ago.
In colors like black & red.
So not my colors.

I found some pictures I liked, printed them out on plain paper.
Maybe someday I will update to photos... I have the jpeg's saved.

I saw this cute saying somewhere on the net - and loved it.
So I thought I'd make my own - using the colors in my kitchen.

I put it in my newly painted (albeit, not perfect) frame.
I ♥ it.


KITCHEN STUFF:
We did quite a bit in the kitchen this weekend.
THE VALANCES ARE HUNG!
Proof. Right there. And there. And there.
Love them!

And I just got done hanging my new "art."
Like I said, I printed the pics I wanted on regular paper. Nothing to it.
I had four of the black and red frames - I painted them cream and yellow/gold-ish.
I alternated them. Cream, Gold, Cream, Gold.
And I hung them with push-pins (the frames are super light) - that way,
I can change it easily enough if I feel the need later on!


RADIO CABINET #2:
We finally pulled the new radio cabinet out of the garage and got to work on it.
Yesterday.

Isn't she a beaut?!?
We actually removed the picture wall that I worked sooo hard on...
because the black/dark brown frames just didn't go.
So, I've relocated those pics throughout the house.

I moved my Goodwill find gold mirror in the picture wall's place.
I know there's a whole lot more to do there (for starters, I'd love a lamp!)
but at least we've got the ball rolling.

We were going to paint the new "buffet" cream... but it's in SUCH good shape,
we opted to leave it alone (for now).

Marcos took out all of the speaker stuff and insulation.
I polished her right up.
Ta-Da!!


We have plans to replace the old gold speaker material with a fabric -
something that compliments our dining room drapes. But that may be a while.

A FRONTAL VIEW:
And finally... for your viewing pleasure... an updated look at the front of mi casa.
What I haven't mentioned in a long while is that the whole front yard (pavers and sod) has been replaced; twice.

Hmph.

The grass is FINALLY growing back and looking halfway normal.

But that's not the real reason for the pic.

Look at my new wrought iron "shutters" on the front window.
I love them!
A lot.
I felt that window was just too plain before.
I think it looks nice now (despite the fact that everything needs to be wiped down and swept on the front porch. sorry about that!)

Something else new: In front of my columns, we replaced the dead/zombie/not really there hibiscus bushes and replaced them with little palms.
Love them, too!


That, my friends, is my weekend update. Off to do Sunday night things so that I can be ready for tomorrow morning to do Monday morning things (i.e. work). Boo.

Later alligator.

2 comments:

  1. You have a BEAUTIFUL home! I just love it! Thanks for your sweet comment, btw (: Glad to get to know you a little better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...so much pretty stuff to compliment. I LOVE the radio cabinet/buffet...awesome. THe front looks great as well. Can't believe you had to re-do the pavers too.
    ps. Still looking for that rooster.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)