8.27.2011

Me Time

I took some Me Time last week... in the form of a trip to Hobby Lobby.
By myself.
For 2 FULL hours.
Shocking, I know!


Every single time I got to Hobby Lobby, I see this tree. I love it. But I can't bring myself to pay $15 for it. It's not that large. Even at 50% off, I passed on it. I guess I don't love it that much.


I did pick up some numbers; they are about 5" long and HEAVY. But I love them.


I like this clock.
But I already have a rather large clock.
I like clocks.
And mirrors.


I loved this cabinet, too! Isn't she a beauty?
They wanted $80 for it.
I said nope.


Can you believe they already have all of their Christmas stuff out?!



I like these trees.
I may go back for them! ;)


I ended up picking up a few things for some craft projects. Tomorrow being Sunday, I hope to have some time to work on them.

Marcos and I left the house early this morning to run some errands and to check out this place we found - it has EVERYTHING (think PICKERS on the History Channel). A 50s jukebox. Radio Cabinets (I felt weak!) Canning jars. Old tools. Wood. Doors. Windows... I could go on. It was dirty & exciting at the same time.

I bought a PIE CABINET! For $15!! It's in lovely shape... but I've got plans to change the color!! I can't wait to share that project.

After lunch, we headed to Goodwill. Which was fine as we dropped off more than we purchased! That's good, right?!

I purchased only old books, this time around. They are for the craft projects on have on my To Do list.

--------------------------------------------------------

I hope everyone on the East Coast is safe - and, if necessary, taking precautions to stay that way. I've been watching Fox News almost all day, trying to keep in the know. My prayers are focused on the people affected by Hurricane Irene.

1 comment:

  1. I love pickers...those guys find the good stuff don't they???
    I love that $80 cabinet too. and the tree. and the clock.
    Can't wait to see the pie cabinet. What kind of pies will you keep in it?? :)
    enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)