12.18.2011

Christmas Party 2011 {National Lampoon's Theme}

Lordy, Lordy - you are going to regret the day you asked to see picture of our family's Christmas party.

Oh. You *didn't* ask to see pictures of our family's Christmas party?

Well, now that I've mentioned it... I can't be rude. Take a peek over my shoulder as I flip through the memory book.  The Christmas Vacation theme was perfect... and everyone played their part.


Thankfully, Uncle Eddie was kind enough to remove his shoes before entering the house. You know, since his RV was *out of order* and all?!

I took a ton of pictures... I wanted the memories captured.

Look at the rug on my grandpa's head. Seriously.
:D

Some family shots...


Some food shots... Yes, the pic on the far top-right is the green Jell-O... with simulated cat nip. 

Some tender moments. Left is my cousin Laurel and her two daughters, Sela and Ryah. Top right is my cousin Bri, her son Ben and me. And the bottom left is my cousin Chell - talking with her son Austin.


We decided to *only* do gifts for the kids this year. Here are a few great gift opening shots...



We had 13 kids there.

Here are a few pics from around the house & party.





Even the guest bath saw some decorating action...





Here is my super simple holiday art...


My cousin Jason...



Look at this VINTAGE tree skirt. I have it folded in half {there was no way I was going to try and lift the made-up tree high enough to get this baby under it.... we will use it next year!}...  $1.99 from Goodwill!!




I could take a million pictures of our tree. It makes me happy. And giddy.
Like a school girl at an Elvis concert.



The winners of the Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest, you ask?!

My cousin Chell and her fellas. She made ALL of those lovely shirts. I didn't get this at the party, but looking at the picture now, look.... it's Santa and then some reindeer. Like, they are pulling Santa. She's a clever one, that Chell!

What I don't have pictures of:                                                                                               
  • My awesome singing and dancing performance during our Christmas Carol Karaoke... Not sure what happened to that footage.
  • All of the food I ate {and kept going back for}.
  • The lingering family members, with their perfect kisses and super-tight bear hugs.
  • My heart - FULL with love for the people who I get to share my life with. God is good.



Check the side bar for the blogs I link up to!

2 comments:

  1. absolutely lovely great job! The evening was so much fun, we are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fun!!! Lovely photos...and this is the best Christmas party theme EVER!!! Love Uncle eddie's shoes on the front porch...nice {classy} touch!!!
    And the family photo is Da' Bomb!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)