3.26.2012

Oh, the befores....


A bunch of befores... in one little space.


Here are the lamps before they were brown (in the above pictures):


So, with all of those BEFORES done and over with...
I ran across an art piece at Ross (love that place) for $19.99. It screamed at me. It's completely different than anything in my home currently... but I am not afraid of it. With only one and its long, rectangular shape, I figured I would hang it sideways and take down the ivory picture frames.

And then I found its sister. Brother!? Its sibling.

And here we go:


These pieces had a dark frame... one I was not in love with. I thought that they would look wonderful in a white frame. Out came my Heirloom White spray paint. Of course, I had to tape those babies up, off and on, to ensure none of the paint leaked through.


Here they are, outside... ready to be painted.


And here they are drying. So much fun, huh?!


It took a few tries, but I got everything lined up how I envisioned.

WAIT. Look at those lamps!


In that BEFORE picture above (way up there!) they were once clear glass. I then sprayed them white. And then brown. I was going to go back to white, but then I realized that I really wanted to bring some more GREEN into the house.


The space is certainly less cluttered than ever before. And I am really, seriously loving the white and bright of it all. I am taking a lot of that green and putting it in the formal living/dining room.



I still LOVE my radio cabinet. But, when we first got it, we talked about taking out the gold mesh and adding a different fabric to it. I think I am seriously going to consider doing that now. Heck, I may even paint the sucker, some day. Not any time soon though.

P.S. Just ordered my first ever SEWING MACHINE!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Yet another crafty thing to take on and conquer.

Happy Monday!


5 comments:

  1. I'm loving those green lamps:) The color just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green was just the POP it needed! Love how you brightened it all up with the white frames too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING the after! Great job!

    And those lamps? Seriously? Did you spray paint them that color? Because if you did, I need you to spill how you got them so crazy shiny.

    They look great!

    New follower from Thrifty Decor Chick's paint party.

    Would love to have you by for a visit!

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. leave the gold messh ... do the cabinet one colour and then on top paint it gold or leave the wood on the top
    love the lamps
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore the prints. and the green lamps. LOVE the bright pops of color....it is really springy and fresh.

    Have you seen how Shauna West does furniture makeovers? http://www.perfectlyimperfectblog.com/
    You might be the one who turned me on to her blog....but anyhow, check out how she does the chalk paint on furniture. It really is not for chalk. :) It looks fairly easy and every piece she does is amazing looking!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)