6.28.2010

T Minus 5 Days...

... and counting until our vacation!

The husband and I are both off of work starting this Thursday, but we won't be leaving for California until Sunday, July 4th. We've never missed a 4th of July here in Arizona; this will be our first.

Our family decided to move our 4th of July BBQ and Swimming Party to the 3rd of July - so in actuality, we won't be missing much.

On the flip side - guess what we are doing and where we're going to spend the afternoon and evening in honor of Independence Day?

Here is a clue:

Well, I guess it was more like a dead give-away!  But never-the-less, we are very excited.  We have 5 fun-filled days planned to plan for in sunny San Diego. 

We have a lot to do to get ready, but we are so very much looking forward to getting away, spending some time at the beach, and making Nic's dream of going to Legoland come true. 

The kid has had a continuous death grip on a few Legoland magnets he found one day - they were from when the husband took Alex, when he, too, was just 3 years old. 

Remind me to hide the rest of the magnets I've collected over the years; especially the one of the Eiffel Tower.  I don't think I could afford (time, energy, or money) a trip like that anytime soon!

Oh, any of YOU out there have any ideas of fun/cheap things to do in the San Diego area? I would love to hear them! I might even dub you my official event planner!

P.S. Picture courtesy of  Legoland. A little Photoshopping courtesy of me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jaime!! I'm HERE! :)

    Gonna see if I can try and find some SD links for you before you leave. You guys are going to have a fabulous time!

    Lez

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)