7.31.2010

Eye Candy: Style Shopping

Another presumptuous post brought to you by the letter P.

So, keeping crossables crossed and praying nightly, if (WHEN!) we get this house, we will need furniture. As in, a LOT of furniture.

The husband and I decided to take advantage of the 14 year old and run off on our own.
When I say run, I mean it. We ran for the door; made our escape!

We actually checked out 3 different furniture stores. More than anything, we wanted to know what our style was.

The cool thing about the husband and I is that we do have very similar styles.
Unless it's the fact that he learned the life-altering lesson of "yes, dear" much sooner than most guys.
Hmm.

Anyway, here are a few things that caught our eye.

Beds...
I know I want a BIG bed. We have a large room. And we've never had a bed before (just mattresses with no headboard)... I am feeling the need to overcompensate.

Here are three that I liked (I swear I took more pictures...)
I am not 100% sure of the straight lines at the top of each headboard of the first two... We may have to go out again (do you hear that, 14 year old?).



Really like this one!!
Now if I could only remember which of the three stores is was at...


Couches...
This section was important... We have 3 living areas to fill. We will be taking our existing couches and putting them up in the loft. When I say "we", I of course mean the husband. My back couldn't handle it.

First up - chocolate brown corduroy. Love it! And it is soooo comfy. The couch has 2 recliners and the recliner, well - it has 1. This is at the top of my list.


This one may be brown corduroy as well; I can't remember. But I love the colors and it was comfy


This next one was loverly!
It is a soft blue-ish color.
Lighter than a Robin's Egg...
It was so comfortable.
Notice a theme?

What we are looking for here is the couches to put in the family room that will be designated as the husband and my cuddle place.
Where we relax; watch TV or movies,
ignoring the screaming and hollering from upstairs.

I want something we can sink into.
And have a hard time getting up from.
In a good way.
Who wants to leave cuddle time?


This one is a completely different look, but was equally as comfy.


This one was EXACTLY the shape I imagined.
The small sectional with a chaise...
Love the ottoman.


Kitchen and Dining Room Tables...
We need both a kitchen table and a formal dining room table.
I am weird about certain things.
Measurements is one of those things.
Placement is another.

In the house, we have a large island... behind that island is where the eat-in-kitchen table will go.
I feel that the table should be the same height and shape as the island.
If it doesn't match, it will irk me.

So, we are looking at square, counter-top-height tables...
in a color that will match our maple Pecan cabinets.

This baby will seat 6. I like it.


I couldn't find a formal dining room table I liked all that much. I know I want it to be chunky and sturdy. In a chocolate brown color. That has leaves (sp? leafs?)...  Narrowed it down a bit, didn't I?

Well, there you have it.
Do you have a favorite?
Suggestions?
Anything?

Gosh, I feel broke coming on...

2 comments:

  1. I love it all....Shopping is FUN FUN FUN!!!!

    ps. We ADORE our leather sectional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite was the leather sectional also, clean lines, no pulling, tucking or fluffing needed, holds it shape, always looks good. wipes clean with a soft damp cloth, no stains!
    I love to table shop because I have not found mine yet, I know of a couple places you might like could we hire that 14 year old on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)