7.15.2010

Moon Baby


This little love of mine is one of the sweetest guys I know.
Nic was born exactly 6 months to the day he was conceived.
Which means he was born 3 months early.
And he weighed a mere 3 pounds.
He is now 3 years old and one the 3 brightest lights in my life.

Last night, on the way home from dinner out, Nic was looking out the van window.
My Nickelbutt is a TALKER.
Won't stop.
He was, as usual, asking me questions about his surroundings.
What's that, mom?
is one I get a lot.

Last night was no different.
He spotted the clouds in the sky... they played among a sunset of dark purples and oranges.
He then saw one of his favorite things...
the moon.
It was just a sliver of a moon, last night - but he was enamored.
He started talking about the Moon Baby.

I want to play with the Moon Baby, mom. I want to walk on the clouds.
Nic, you would probably float... interjects his sister.
I want to float on the clouds mom. And I want to hold Moon Baby.
I love Moon Baby... I want to hug it!

Nic has always loved the moon. Even as a baby. We were impressed when our preemie started pointing at the moon. Our chests were puffed out in pride when he started talking about the moon. Guess how we feel now that he uses his imagination regarding the moon?! 

I remember sitting in the NICU with him day in and day out for 7 long weeks... We didn't know what his life was going to be like.

I still don't know what his life is going to be like; but instead of fearing the worst, I can only imagine the greatest. He is a funny, active, SMART, and delightful little boy. One who wants nothing more than to play with the moon. Maybe we should have named him Neil or Buzz?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, isn't he just the sweetest thing ever? What a gift he is.
    He and I have something in common...I love the moon too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)