9.22.2010

My Daughter, the Patriot

This limbo stuff sucks.
While we have a boatload of stuff to do/clean/get rid of at the apartment, none of us wants to live here anymore.

The husband and I made the executive decision to make some stuff happen this weekend.
As in, move as much as we can.

Really - the only thing holding me back is my office. Since I work from home, I need it moved over and set up before I can completely commit to the new house.

Mister's Honey-Do list just got a little bit longer.

With those plans under way (for the most part), I decided to ensure Isabel could start her new school earlier than planned.

We've decided to enroll Isabel in the charter school (currently K-8, soon to be K-12), that is directly behind our house. It's a beautiful campus, with small class sizes, and is geared toward excellence and patriotism.


Their mascot?



Wait. Wrong one.
Let's try that again.


That's the one.
Well, without all of the cursing and racial remarks, anyway.
I hope! Oh well, there's always the local middle school, if need be.

Anyway, moving on.

The moral to this story is that Isa will be starting her new school on Monday.
In a uniform.
=)

Oh. Alex too is being "traded"... He will no longer be a Padre - instead, he will be a Coyote.
And Nic....? We haven't firmed up his plans just yet. He may be a mommas boy for a little while yet.
We will see.

So... big changes for us this weekend!
Very exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never thought about the kids needing to change schools. I am glad they are 'on board' with this new transition. Tell Isa if she sees Mel around campus to run the other way!!!!
    Will Alex still play football???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)