9.23.2010

We are becoming our Mothers


For more than 30 years, pretty much the same group of 12 women (most related, others long time family friends) have gathered on the 2nd Wednesday of every month to play Bunco.

Every month...
with.out.fail.

Some of the daughters
[my cousins and I]
have been wanting to start our own Bunco group
for a while now.

Now that we are in our own homes,
with space,
and stuff...

We've decided to get going.

There are five of us that are related.
We needed to find seven additional friends.
It was hard to find seven people who could commit each month.
But we each sent out our own emails.
Of my three besties, only one could commit.
[no worries, I will pester the other two to sub sometime]

When we still didn't meet our quota...
we agreed that when all else fails...
FACEBOOK.

We have our 12 peeps now
and a few subs for when someone can't make it.
The criteria was simple.
They had to be FUN.
Cool.
Funny.
And willing to commit.
Oh. And they had to be able to roll
three dice at once.
That criteria list up there got me thinking...
So.

Question for you...
Who online, in the blog world, would YOU invite to join your
Bunco group?

If I could pick anyone, regardless of location...
I would have to say:

Seriously... she would have us all in stitches.
And I would demand she bring Cocoa and Ozzie.
Yes, I would.

That's if she would give me the time of day.
That woman is so darn popular.

Bakerella [Bakerella]
Did I forget to mention we usually have food/treats
at these Bunco parties.
Who better to bring, really?
Plus, she seems like a doll!

Fun. Funny. Funner.
=D

Besides the fact that she can
dance dance dance
She is hysterical.

and finally...

Meg [Whatever]
Who doesn't love Meg?

So... those would be some of the ladies I'd want on my dream Bunco team.

Back to reality...

Our IRL first game is scheduled for October 6.
We are sooo very excited.



2 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun...I have never been to bunco. But I am sure I would have fun fun fun!!!!
    So, are YOU hosting it at your new casa???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be hosting our December game. We each host one a year. I will have to take some pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)