9.27.2010

I got it at Ross

Goooood Monday morning.
I cannot believe the weekend has come and gone.
I feel like we got a TON done... but that there is still much more to do.

We are officially in the house.
And it feels good.

It even felt good at 5am this morning when I walked downstairs and made a pot [ok, cup] of coffee for the Husband.  The smells were too delish.  The soft lights, the coffee brewing, and my apple cinnamon air freshener "spiffing"... it all felt so homey and beautiful.

=)

Isabel and I went out yesterday to buy her some clothes. Her new school requires her to wear a uniform.
After we hit up Target, we decided to check out Ross.

I am not normally a Ross shopper. In fact, besides this weekend, I've only been in a Ross two other times.
This time around, I was looking for an ornate picture frame for a project taking place in Nic's room.
I found it!

And I found these sweeties:


I love that they are very similar in shape, but different in texture.
I love the price; $11.99 and $9.99.
I do not love the color of the smaller one.

A quick trip to the Wal-Mart paint department resulted in some spray-paint  buying.
I chose the Jade for the large pitcher and and Bright Idea for the smaller pitcher.



After our shopping bonanza, Isabel, Alex and I put Nic down for a nap and got started on taping her room.
Who's idea was it to do horizontal stripes?
Really.

When the Husband got home from work, he immediately went in to get my work computer hooked up.
The office is no where near set up the way it will be when all is said and done, but I am so happy to have my laptop up and going.



Can you believe I ACTUALLY found a lamp shade
almost the same exact shade [get it?] of my walls?!

Final share for this post involves an announcement!
I got to take the PAPER off of the windows at the front door yesterday!!
How exciting is that??

For less than $20 total at Target, I dressed the two windows. And I did it by myself.
Well, that's only cuz a drill was not required.


I knew I wanted something that would block out most of the view from the outside looking in, but I didn't want to lose any of the morning light we get.  So, I went with a tan sheer. I love the look!

I am off to get Isabel to her new school and then to try and get Alex and Nic enrolled in theirs.
When that's all done I have some work [yes, real they-are-paying-me-to-do-it work] and then this afternoon, here's hoping the wind is much calmer than yesterday so that I can get my spray-paint on!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. SO much stuff going on.
    I am also not a normal Ross shopper, our Ross just stinks of crap.
    Love YOUR finds though.
    Have fun getting stuff done!

    ps. Don't tell my girls, but I wish they wore uniforms!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)