10.30.2010

Weekend Warrior... Not!

I so badly want to get my 3 dressers refinished... but it's a LOT of work.
I pulled out Isabel's yesterday... sanded the top... some of one side... and I was done.
But I couldn't be done. She needs a dresser.

So, I did the drawers. Thought if I sanded and painted them first, I would have more motivation to finish the actual dresser itself.



It didn't work.
But! I got the drawers done!
The dresser once belonged to my mom, when she was a kid.  It is pine - and currently stained "Island Blue" along with some juice spills - and add it a handful of stickers. Don't ask.  And don't you love the the zip tie drawer pulls?! 

Once I get the stamina, this sweetie-pie will be WHITE with beautiful new hardware. 

We still haven't finished painting Isabel's room. Slacker, I know. But, yet again, we've decided on a new direction.  And when we went Goodwill shopping this weekend, I found some really cool things to hang on her walls...  Now I just need to get some vinyl words ordered so I can make my vision a reality!! Can't wait!

Speaking of my vision, I think I've finally decided on the colors for formal living and dining rooms. All thanks to a trip to Michael's and their faux floral department.  Take a look:


Brown and Cream.
I was originally going to go with white, but I love how the cream looks in the room.
I am sure I will have other colors in there - but I think when it's time to focus on window coverings and table clothes, I really like the above combination.

We ended up finding some cool things at the two Goodwill's we went to... Now we just need some downtime to actually do something with them.
On a final note... we made our FIRST mortgage payment today.
The husband and I went in to the bank together.
It was cute.
Only 359 more to go!

=)


1 comment:

  1. Only 359 more? Sweet. :)
    Love that you are keeping the 'family' dresser...stickers? yeah, we have all been there.
    I am partial to creams and browns too.
    Good luck getting it all done...remember, you have forever to do it. :)

    Love the Halloween decorations below. The kids look SO cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)