10.31.2010

Our First Annual Halloween Celebration

As a kid, I used to love Halloween.
The husband, not so much.
More often than not, the kids weren't dressed up, we didn't take them Trick-or-Treating, we didn't pass out candy. There's a valid reason, but it sucked just the same.

I found Alex to be the least interested as a kid.
Isabel was way more excited... and pushed the limits...
Nic? Has no idea that there's even a POSSIBILITY that people sometimes just don't celebrate  Halloween.
This kid was BORN for it. In fact, he's been planning his costume (changes) for weeks. He is adamant he shares his birthday with his big brother and the big H day. He has been shrieking "Happy Halloween" for months now... to anyone who will listen.

So, this being our FIRST Halloween in our new house, I wanted to make it special. Even if it did ruffle a few of the husband's feathers.   Thankfully, one Mr. Husband, is completely and totally smitten with one Mr. Nicolas.  =) Makes things a LOT easier. It's so hard to say "no" to Nic.

The kids and I spent all day decorating the pad. And I think we did a good job!  My parents arrived around 4:45, ready to help celebrate!  Mom got Nic dressed, I took Isa upstairs to get her all did up. Alex is too cool.

My dad took the kids down the street for a bit while we waited for the husband to come home from work. Once he arrived, just the five of us went off again, in search for scary houses and tons of candy!  My parents hung out at the house to hand out candy and hold down the fort!

I am truly blessed.

I know my husband isn't totally comfortable with holidays, but he was so great about us having our fun yesterday. And that we did. I didn't want the evening to end. We got to meet a lot of great neighbors, which was a true plus!

Here are a few pics:













At one point, Nic decided to add his Pirate hat and sword to his Buzz Lightyear costume. Unfortunately, I didn't get that on camera - but trust me, it was super cute.

Hope you all had a WONDERFUL Halloween, yourselves!!


2 comments:

  1. What a great night, and how blessed we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments always crack me up!
    Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, but as far as a Ped. Dentist, I'd go to James Michaud. He shares our office space at Ellsworth & Ocotillo by Ace Hardware. I take my kids to him. We live in NE Mesa, but I've always gone to Mesa Pediatrics, their office at Guad. & Greenfield. I don't know any Pediatricians in QC. Hope that helps!
    Have an awesome day Jaime!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)