11.28.2010

Another first...

First... let me give tribute to our finished Thankful tree.



We spent yesterday just hanging out  - I made French Toast for breakfast, we cleaned up and did some chores, then worked on stuff around the house (nothing crazy - very relaxing). 

For dinner Marcos grilled burgers & dogs... I put the french fries in the oven! ;D After dinner, we migrated to the formal living room and opened THE box.



The box has been sitting there - ready for some attention - for a few weeks now. The time had finally come.
I know I mentioned this before - this is our first Christmas tree ever. The kids and I were super excited!
After bending and twisting each of the branches just so, we started to add the ornaments.  




UMMM. Nic just HAD to get in this picture! ;)







Once the tree was complete and looking mighty fine, I started to work on the wreath I was building from scratch.



Finally, we add a few more festive things to the front porch. We plan to add tinsel strands, Christmas lights, and, of course, snow on the windows.  I will be sure to add a complete "after" picture - hopefully next weekend.



Today, Marcos is at work, I am going to settle down and watch Eat, Pray, Love on DVD and then make Chocolate Chip cookies later this afternoon.

Another LOVE-filled day, with not much to do but enjoy ourselves.

I am thankful for my husband and my three beautiful children. I am thankful for this LOVELY house and what it means to us. I am thankful for this holiday season - and the firsts we get to experience.

Life is really, really good.

2 comments:

  1. The tree looks amazing....I know the kids loved jazzing it up. Not sure if your ladder was made for three peeps, but it looks like they had no issues with falling off. :)

    Love your front porch too, so festive.

    All the firsts...I just love that you are sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tree...I can't believe this is your first! I love fake trees...LOL! We've had ours for 8 years and counting...people always think its REAL!

    I can't believe you made your wreath! Beautiful! I may need to place an order with you as I'm looking for a new one. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)