11.24.2010

Cookies & Christmas - that's what Nic's thankful for

Here it is - Thanksgiving Eve.
I think I am just about ready to host my parents and grandparents tomorrow.
This being our first T-day in our new house - I am feeling anxious & excited.

The kids and I have been preparing all day.

We made a Thankful tree. The older kids wrote on their own leaves things they were thankful for.
I wrote down Nic's thoughts. After cookies and Christmas - it went all downhill from there (e.g. Spongebob).   We cut out extra leaves and set them, along with markers and tape, on the table in the hall so that our family can add to the tree as they see fit throughout the day tomorrow.




We then made some turkeys to hang on the wall.



Finally - I just took my pumpkin pies out of the oven.  I made pies last year (first time ever) but they were with store-bought, ready-to-use pie crust. This year, I wanted to make it from scratch. I found a KitchenAid mixer recipe - and IT WORKED!   Look at these sweethearts.


Impressed much? Yeah, I didn't think so. =)

Well, back to dressing my dining room table; I want it to look fantastic. Just getting started...




I hope you all have a wonderful and loved-filled Thanksgiving tomorrow! You deserve it. =)

P.S. Sorry abt the picture quality - still having issues with my camera's memory card. Had to use my BBerry.

2 comments:

  1. I love your thankful tree....ours is always the highlight of Thanksgiving! (poptarts?? So cute)
    Enjoy your first Big holiday in your lovely house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Thanksgiving tree, too! Maybe we'll try that next year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)