11.16.2010

The Making of Bungalow Sixteen

I know it now. I probably knew it back then. You know, before we bought the house. I just wanted to pretend a little. Even though I wish we could, we are not going to get everything done to the house that we want -- today.  That's what waiting 15 years will do to you. You want everything NOW.

It's not going to happen. It hasn't happened.

There are some things I don't even want to start; I'd hate to go all half-hazard. I need a plan. And money. And a plan. =)

One of those things is our master bedroom.  I wish I could explain, in words, what I am looking for in our sweet retreat. It's in my head. The picture is there every time I close my eyes and think of what our room could be.

I envision dark wood floors.
Sheer drapes - moving with the breeze.
Warmth.
Sturdy furniture.
Mostly white bedding.
Not sure about the walls... White?

I want the room to feel like we could step outside of our door and be on the beach in Tahiti? Costa Rica? Mexico? Hawaii? 

Let me Google for a bit.

Okay - I am back.

This is the closest I could get to what I envision... I think it's pretty darn perfect. And it's a villa located in Antigua. Wow. Book my flight, baby!


If you haven't learned by now, I am a theme person. I need themes in my life.

That is why our master bedroom will be called Bungalow Sixteen.

I have a thing for numbers, and I considered using our normal - use for everything - number 76, but decided that I like the sound of 16 better. We were married on the 16th -so it's still special. Probably our second favorite number. =)

I have some ideas for a sign or vinyl lettering that will be placed in the nook above our doorway - you know, to make it all official [and theme-y] like.

This is one of the rooms we are going to take our time doing. In the end, I want it to be perfect.

P.S. Contrary to my mom's belief, no palm trees will be harmed [er, used?] in the making of Bungalow Sixteen.

1 comment:

  1. What a great vision. You are so funny with the themes too.
    This room looks similar to the one we stayed in Costa Rica (four seasons) amazing....
    If I had to name my room it would be: "Here is where they both die for 8 hours each night."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)