4.11.2011

Checked a few things off of my To Do list

I made myself a To Do list for yesterday. My husband also made me a To Do list. Can you guess which one was my priority?
The kids and I travelled out to Phoenix yesterday (a whole 30 minute drive)... and made a visit to IKEA. I ♥ IKEA.

We only had an hour as we were meeting up with my parents for some pizza at noon.
I wanted to buy everything. [I am sorry IKEA peeps if your go-back carts are filled to the brim because of my indecisiveness and lack of monetary funds.] I bought a few things.

First... I bought a MIRROR! A big one. As in the kind that hangs above my dining room table [no, not like that, you pervs.] It was $79 and I lurrrve it. I can't wait for the husband to hang it for me. [Note to self: I should prolly get on that To Do list of his.]

I also got Isa a mirror. We got some stuff done in her room this weekend, including putting up a fan and some valances. She needed a mirror for a big blank space above her dresser. [another thing for Marcos to hang.]

I also picked up so picture frames - I so need to start my wall-o-pictures.

After IKEA and a fantastic lunch with the 'rents, we came home to get our To Do lists done. The kids had a date with their chore list and I a spray can.

I found the below mirror at Goodwill. It was $9.99 - but we happened to be there on 50% off day! So I scored it for less than $5.



I thought I would hang it in my bedroom... the flower detail is very similar to one that's on our bed. It's a very narrow mirror, but I have two spots picked out. We will see which one it looks better in.




While I was at it - I also primed and painted our little table that sits in the hallway and a shelf I had lying around.


I was going for an antique cream color - but I think they still look pretty light.
See the difference?



While at IKEA, I picked up this fake fern looking thing. The pot can be written on with chalk. Love it.



Finally, I had a little craft time this weekend - and came up with something for my formal living room and dining room. I think it's going to sit on the radio cabinet when all is said and done.



I wrapped the twine around the base of the vase and then taped the outside of the leftover glass. I sprayed the inside of the glass with textured spray paint and then used a clear spray over the twine to help keep it in place.

Look at how nice it looks next to the curtains...






So... that's pretty much it, other than the fact that I am still cleaning spray paint off of my hands.

I really need to get to work on Marcos' To Do list; bake him a pineapple upside down cake.

Slave driver.

[p.s. i just spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out what's wrong with blogger - my formatting is way messed up. at first it ignored all of my hard returns, and now there is too much space. grrr.]

1 comment:

  1. You can't pay me to post my stuff via blogger...it is hair pulling.
    Love all your new stuff...you are always so busy getting your house all purtied up. I keep thinking I will get there too...whenever I get done cleaning up from this last 'project'! I have an idea of doing a wall with mirrors too. (must get to goodwill on half price day!)
    Hurricane balls? That could be a tropical drink. No?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)