4.02.2011

Two Tipus and an Ash Tree

You were supposed to read the post title to the tune of one famous Christmas Carol. Can you guess which one? Moving on. It's Spring! And as a new homeowner, I am LOVING the color green!! I know we don't get Winter as bad as some folks do, but we do get our share of brown.

The Mr. and I have been working really, really hard on our backyard landscaping. We thought the toughest part would be getting the digging dug (hehe) and the plants and trees in the ground.

We. Were. Mistaken.
The hardest part??!! Keeping those suckers alive. We have a different watering schedule for each type of plant and tree. We haven't yet put the watering system in the backyard (like we have one in the front)... so for now, the kids and I ARE the watering system.


I planted a new vine this morning!! It's a Lady Banks Rose vine. The mini-rose (which really look like carnations, I must say) are yellow - my favorite!



Isa has a game today - so we will pause on the scaping of the land to go cheer her on, but once we are back home, it's back to work. I LOVE the idea of Spring Cleaning. Actually getting to it is another thing. But I am feeling very motivated today! Here's a tour of our GREEN! - staring with the front yard.
My boxwoods. Love them. Here's what it looked like 4 months ago...

And now!! I love that white flower!!






Remember this bad boy?! A few months ago he was all nekkid...

Look at him NOW!






Now... moving on to the backyard. We recently put in a dog run... and wanted to hide it a little. So we purchased five bushes to start. Eventually they will grow together and form a hedge of sorts. We hope.





And CONGRATULATIONS to us - it's TWINS!!

We recently bought two Tipu trees. Up first is Twin A.




And here is Twin B.

Dead.

Okay, not really dead....





I spent some time outside this morning giving it some TLC and all of a sudden I noticed this...




I swear it wasn't there when I started out! Maybe the extra love really worked!!

When we planted the trees they were exactly the same. Now that we know how to properly care for them (thanks to the fine folks at our local nursery) I am sure they will flourish in no time. They are in the evergreen family and when full grown are considered lush shade trees. They will grow to a very large size!


Anyway... tour's over! I have to get Isa to her game! I will post pics of that tomorrow...

And I will also have a post about my formal living room. I bought a Radio Cabinet (I believe) at Goodwill a few weeks back and I need some advice on what to do with it. Paint? Stain? Both? Nothing? See? I will definitely need your help! So be prepared!!


Happy Saturday - and Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)