5.19.2011

Winding Down

It's the last Thursday night left of the school year; summer is upon us.
I get to spend the next two and a half months with these guys:


This picture is old - from last year. The kids look soooo young!!
I could point out the flaws (on me, of course... the kids are perfect) - but why?! I remember the day so clearly... one of my favorites!

As Alex is working to finish up a few missing assignments (erg!!), Isabel is outside working on her softball pitch and Nic is watching Curious George on Netflex. I was finishing up a few reports for work (now blogging)... and the love of my life is in the kitchen making BBQ wings and steak fries. He just got back from Wal-Mart... had to pick up the fries. He brought me a package of Oreo cookies [to share, of course]. He loves me!

There has been so much going on lately... with work, landscaping, the kids & school - I've been overwhelmed. Some might think I've been distant. Not on purpose... Just trying to figure out how to deal with things that are quite new to me. I have to put my Fab Five first, right?! I have to put the effort in... that's the fine print on the marriage license and birth certificates.

Hopefully things will continue to wind down and we can get back to life as we know it.
I am ready for a slow and sweet summer.

1 comment:

  1. Summer is just at your fingertips...you can do it.
    You have a wonderful family; so much to be thankful for.
    I recently read an article about Moms who never want to have themselves photographed. (i hate my photos) But the article was saying how we should do it for our kids. Do you have any old/new photos of your Mom that you don't like??? Me neither...and our kids will feel the same way too. Just a little FYI for you.
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)