6.14.2011

My thoughts on Blogging

Found this in my draft folder... thought I'd post since I didn't have a chance to do anything fun yesterday, except work.

Sometimes I happen upon a blog - you know the drill: click, click, click, "Hey! How did I end up here?"

But something on that blog catches my eye - so I read and read and read and read.

And then I notice something.

The blog is good. The pictures are good. The "voice" is good. The blogger has been around for a while.

But there are no commenters. I mean - one or two, here or there. But not as many as there could be. Perhaps they are all off reading Layla or Sherry or Shawni?! And while I also read those blogs [daily]; I love finding new blogs and people to stalk "meet."

I love the type of bloggers I am referring to. While I am sure they hope to have readers commenting on every post; they mostly blog for themselves. They continue to blog - even though they may not get a lot of traffic, they continue to share their thoughts, ideas and lives with the world wide web.

I know there are bloggers out there who don't necessary like strangers to post on their blogs. And I know there are bloggers who would kill (not literally, of course, people) to have just one kind person stop and appreciate something they've been working on. I tend to stop, regardless, and leave a kind word. Sometimes it's because I feel sorry for the fact that no one else did. And sometimes it's because I really am impressed!

Maybe there are readers out there that happen upon MY blog [remember? click, click, click] who wonder why I continue to post even though I don't have many "followers." I've been around the blog block a time or two (admittedly, this is the longest time I've kept up a blog) - and while I love comments (thanks Suz, Marcy, Tracy, and Lez - and sometimes Mom [but it's been awhile!!?!]) - I blog because I love sharing. More than that, I want to be able to print this blog out and turn it into a journal the kids can keep for a long time to come.

So, I know I will never be a professional blogger. And I know I blog about everything under the sun. But if I can entertain just one person - even if it's my own self - than I am happy.

If you are passing through - I'd love it if you left a comment. But if you choose not to - well, that's okay, too! Because, regardless, tomorrow - there will be always another post.

1 comment:

  1. HI!
    who wants to be a professional blogger??? I don't think that really happens...does it???
    You are too funny.
    I also blog for my kids, my mom and I...and it is just fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)