6.14.2011

Summer Nights

Seriously... I love summer nights. My fondest memories of my teenage years were when I lived in Ft. Knox, Kentucky. My friends and I would stay out late, either "walking the block" (don't take that the wrong way, it was so rated G. Okay, maybe PG-13), or hanging out in front of our house.

I've always wanted that for my kids - to have a place they can hang out at, stay out late and talk with their friends. Our neighborhood is able to offer that.  I've mentioned a few million times, we have a park and basketball court right in front of our house. I love being able to sit outside and watch the kids, or peek my head out to call them in when I need them for something.

Alex and Isabel asked if they could go out again tonight to play some ball. I obliged; after all, The Voice was on, Nic was asleep and Marcos was working beside me on the couch.



In that first picture... that third person that doesn't belong to me?! I wonder if that's the sudden interest in hanging out late at the park. lol...  Her name is Krystal, she's the niece of our new neighbor - she visits quite often! She's the same age as Alex, yet her and Isabel get along too.

Hey - if they are out doing something active, instead of staying couped up playing video games or Facebooking, then I am all for it!

'sides... that's why momma has the house in front of the park and a camera! =)
I know ALL the tricks!

1 comment:

  1. How fun for the kids....late summer nights and NOT getting into trouble..or worrying about trouble. PERFECT!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)