6.28.2011

A tale of 48+ Hours

It all started on Saturday; the kids left us. Nic went to my mom and dad’s and Alex & Isa went my mother-in-law's. On Sunday afternoon, my mom and dad dropped Nic off at my mother-in-law’s house and he stayed the night with his brother and sister. On Monday afternoon, we picked up Nic, but the older two opted to stay until tomorrow (Wednesday). We were actually kid-less for TWO WHOLE NIGHTS! Guess how many trips to Home Depot we made during that 48 hour period?!!?!

I don’t know. I lost count.

For the record (and to admit a flaw) – I hate standing around waiting for my other half for things at Home Depot. Not that he’s bad about it – or takes super long... but drill bits and flood lights are not my thing. I got cranky. Thank gosh he’s super patient. He did also point out that he’s been the victim a time or two when I made him visit the paint or curtain department.

Oh.

Anyway – Nic came home last night and we decided to make a special dinner for him. We missed him MUCHO!


Chili-Dogs and French Fries.
Do you love my patriotic plates? They are for our 4th (er, 2nd) of July party on Saturday. I broke them out a bit early (translation - I was too lazy to do dishes).


After dinner - we had dessert: Banana Splits.Except they were in bowls.
And except for the fact that Nic had a cone. With no bananas.
But the majority did have banana splits.


Well, I don't like all that junk. Just chocolate, bananas and ice cream for me!


As I was going in to edit these pictures for this post, I found the following pictures that my dear Nic took some time this morning:




Crooks & Nannies. Wow. That there is my scrap paper that I keep on my office desk - I am a doodle-er. I was having a conversation with my mom on the phone - and mixed my words up - and then thought it was so funny, I wrote it down. I obviously meant nooks and crannies. lol...

Finally - last thing to share today... The husband has been hard at work while on vacation. He finished the outside flood lights today. And believe me you, it wasn't as simple as installing flood lights. He had to run wires (why, oh why, weren't they pre-wired?!?!). He had to make holes, cut chicken wire, re-patch, re-stucco, re-paint. I sat on the couch and watched DIY shows. Big helper, huh?



I can't wait to see what they look like tonight! There are two sets, so the whole yard should be lit! YAY for no more scrounging around in the dark for things. YAY for being able to now avoid bugs and scorpions!!

Let there be LIGHT!


So much other stuff to share, but so much to wrap my head around. We made a trip to IKEA... we got our drapes and artwork in the mail, we have 2 more paint colors to try for the master bedroom and we are having a party at our house on Saturday! I am tired just thinking of all that - I say it's nap time! For Nic. Of course.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Crooks and Nannies? So funny.
    I love home depot. I don't love that he had to wire that up...the builder should have thought of that. :)
    I love Nic's dinner plate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)