8.14.2011

Creep

First of all - Happy Sunday!
Even though the weekend is almost over - there is a little something to be excited about!
Nic is FINALLY starting school tomorrow.
I really need to get him a haircut.
And a back-pack.

OK- enough about that... Feelin' a little stressed about my to-do list today.

Let's chat about something more creepy.

As in my purple lantana.
It's creeping onto the sidewalk.
And I have one creeping into my neighbors yard.

As much as I love summer - and was looking forward to it all Spring-long,
I think I am just about ready for cooler weather now.
There is so much I want to do in the front yard (i.e. replace said creepers) -
but it's way too hot to do it now.

The husband and I want to add more plants/flowers
to help make the yard look fuller and more colorful.


This is our "newer" red push tree.
It needs to be pruned.
Is that the right word?!
All those little "branches" at the bottom of the tree need to be taken out.
I am conflicted.
One person told me to gently cut them off.
One person told me to tear them off, so that they won't grow back.
What do I do?!


Mushroom soup, anyone?!
This is our second mushroom of the season, people.
They freak me out.
I love mushrooms - but the kind you buy at the supermarket.
Not the kind that sneak-up and freak me out.
Such an odd shape, too.
moving on....


My Ash tree is growin' and growin'.
Bet you don't even recognize her.
In January, she was a twig (using the term loosely) with zero leaves.
Now, she's filling out and growing up.
Soon she will want to wear mascara and face powder.
Oh wait, that's Isabel.
moving on...


The husband and I had to drop some trash off at one of the large containers the construction workers use (a blessing when living in a new community and have trash to get rid of). After we dumped our stuff in, we saw two pallets laying next to the container. I've been looking for pallets for awhile. And I didn't want to steal them from behind a store or anything (I don't look good in stripes). But since these were laying next to the garbage, I figured they were fair game.
I made Marcos get them and put them in the back of the truck.

I have plans for these babies.

Plan 1: A sign for my kitchen.
Plan 2: A sign for my porch (for Halloween)


Of course, I think Mr. HOA guy was driving around this morning and lingered his creepy stare a little too long. I am sure we will get a note about these being visible to the WORLD.
I had Alex move them into the garage.

Well, off to get started on my to-do list - which includes coupon cutting, grocery shopping, hair-cutting, and back-pack shopping. Fun.

P.S. The pictures are lonnnnng and skinnnnny. I can't find the charger for my camera and the battery is kaput. So I am using my new KODAK Touch video camera - which also takes pictures. Just not as nicely as my Panasonic.

I guess I should add "find camera charger" to my to-do list.
/sigh
A woman's work is never done, is it?

1 comment:

  1. Lantana is the only creeper that I like. :)
    I laughed at your tree/makeup scenario...so funny.
    I can't imagine WHAT you are going to do with those pallets...can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)