8.21.2011

Grandpa & Sunday Dinner

Before I talk about my Sunday - let's focus on my Saturday for a bit.
Yesterday we celebrated my grandfather's 81st birthday (even though his actual birthday was back in July).



The gals in my family got together not once, not twice, but more than twice to discuss and plan and plan and discuss. The result?! 1933 Chicago World's Fair.

My grandpa was 3 when he first got to go to the World's Fair with his dad. He told me a story that a talking Ford Model T was on display - and it kept making fun of his father's (my great-grandfather) lack of hair!

We went all out - FOOD, GAMES, PHOTO BOOTH...
and guess who forget her camera?! NOT ME! I had my camera! It just didn't have a memory card in it.

FAIL!

My cousin did get lots of pics, so I hope to snag them when they are available.
Here is the backdrop for the photo booth that my cousins Jason & Bri made... the Chicago skyline.
(Have I ever mentioned that I was born in Chicago?! I just haven't been there since I was 2. Tsk Tsk)




Each family had a booth/stand... there were corn dogs, corn on the cob, popcorn, pretzels, candy, lemonade... My contribution was tacos! I opened Pachuco's Taco Shoppe  just for one night! My dad ate SIX tacos. I think they were a hit.

Marcos had to work - he now has to work every 3rd Saturday. So, he didn't get to join in on the fun! We missed him, but I was secretly glad that the kids and I would have him all to ourselves today.

Speaking of today...we got some chores done around the house... and I made an early dinner! There's something about a Sunday dinner that just feels right!

Tonight I made Chipotle Chops (fried pork chops in chipotle seasoning), mashed potatoes, and greens beans with mushrooms and bacon. It was sooo good - and we are sooo stuffed.

Just a few things to still get done tonight, including getting the kids ready for school tomorrow. Once that's done, I am relaxing with my main man; we are going to enjoy a quiet evening before the craziness of the week starts all over again!

1 comment:

  1. Happy {late} birthday to your handsome G'pa. I love the party theme....you gals are so freakin' creative!
    Your dinner sounds great...next time save a plate for me and fedex it please. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)