11.24.2011

Thanksgiving 2011 {Photo*Dump}

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. We stuffed ourselves full of good food. We laughed a lot.
There were 10 of us total. The six of us, my parents, and my grandparents. It's a tradition.


I made three pies; one apple and two pumpkin. This was only the second ever apple pie I have made. I liked it.



Adult table decor...


Fall around the house...



My daddy...


Abby and Grandpa Barney!!


Marcos filming me taking a picture of him. ;)


I decided to bring the kitchen table into the formal living/dining room so that the kids didn't have to eat alone in the kitchen. I shortened it (took the leaf out) since we only needed four seats. 



Adult table... (P.S. I made the runners out of canvas and green tulle.)


Do you know how hard it is to find Fall themed candy/snacks the day before Thanksgiving?! We settled on Gold Fishies and Reece's Pieces.


Our theme this year... owls!


The food is on the table...




Last year we did a thankful tree... {see that post here}... this year, we did Thankful Owls...
Everyone wrote down what they were thankful for as they came in the door.

Yes, one of mines  wrote that he was thankful for his PS3.
And it wasn't the 16 year old.
Nor the almost 5 year old.
Hmph.



I am very thankful for my family, my friends, people that do good things...
I am thankful for our health, our happiness, and each and every morning we get to try, try again.

I am thankful our Thanksgiving went off without a hitch and that I got to spend it with my wonderful parents and my fantastical grandparents. I love them all so much.

I hope you had a wonderful Turkey Day!


1 comment:

  1. The apple pie looks professional. And I would know..I am a professional pie eater. :)
    We did the thankful tree again this year, but I love the owl idea too!!
    The house looks festive, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)