11.22.2011

Working the Corner

Scratch that. The title should be "Working on the Corner."
Hmm. Rereading that - it doesn't appear much better, does it?

Well, my drapes are still down {but I am going to pick them up from my aunt's house today}...
I told you about that, right?! I took them down, washed them and took them over to my aunt's to get some material added to the bottom. They were highwaters. Which I didn't mind so much, but my mom?!? She hated it! So, I complied. Finally. I've had the extra material (brown table clothes from Target, same material as the "drapes").  It just took me a while to get them down and out. My aunt had the drapes done in less than 24 hours. Seriously. She wanted me to have them back up in time for the holidays.

Anyway - drapes will be back up tonight... In the meantime, I was up and at Hobby Lobby yesterday before they opened. I was on a mission. I failed, but that's not the point. I found a new lamp!

I've been wanting a lamp for the formal living room - and it SPOKE to me. Seriously.
I passed by it once.
The second time, I snatched it up. It was the only one left with a brown lampshade.

Here it is:


It's a little hard to see the base, but I am okay with that.
The thing is... the new shade will go PERFECTLY with the added fabric to the drapes.
I *love* it when a plan room comes together.

Wait. See something else? I swapped out the frame (it was a sleek black IKEA frame) for a woodsy one I found at Ross last week. And then... see my new signage?! $4.99 at Hobby Lobby.
Love it.

So, what do you think?! Am I workin' it?!?

Don't answer that.
{unless you want to. i <3 comments}

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)