11.21.2011

An Organized Thanksgiving

With Turkey Day just a few days away, I needed to step back a little to make sure I have everything under control. Once I realized that could never be {ha ha ha, silly momma}, I decided to at least make it *look* like I could handle it all.

Thanksgiving dinner for us involves my family, my parents and my grandparents. This year, that equals 10 people.

A couple of weeks back, my mom and I sat down and came up with our dinner menu. We also decided on who was bringing what. A few days ago, I sent out a reminder to her and my grandmother - so they knew all of the details.

This is what I sent them:


I included who was bringing what and when everyone should arrive.
I forgot the rolls. We will have rolls, people. I promise. 

I made the plan colorful and fun... Did you see what my grandmother {aka Waneta} is bringing?! My grandpa! :) My grandparents don't really drive anymore, so my mom will be picking them up on their way over here.

With that done, I realize there is still so much to do. I started making lists in my head last night... Which does me no good, because I can't remember what I put on those lists this morning. So I made myself a Thanksgiving To-Do list.  I broke it out into three columns: A Few Days Before, Day Before and Day Of. There are some things I can tackle today (or I *need* to tackle today) and there are some things that can wait until the day of.

I think a visual reminder is the way to go! I am in the middle of filling out my lists now and will hang it on my refrigerator in hopes of someone else seeing it and feeling pity and joining in on the items that need marking off. Who am I kidding?.

Because I am thankful and grateful... I wanted to share the list with you as a download. Click on the picture below and you will be taken to Google Docs, where you can print off the PDF.


Here's to a busy week ahead and tons of turkey madness!


It's Monday, so you know I am linking here...

1 comment:

  1. I love this, I need a check list like that too! If I don't write it down, Im going to forget it for sure!! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)