1.22.2012

L.O.V.E. and other things...

I decided to jump on the Valentine's Day bandwagon.
{as I started to write this post last night, my husband was waiting for me to join him to watch a movie. money ball. sigh.}

So far, I've only decorated our mini*mantel.

Here is a reminder of what our "mantel" looked like for Christmas...



I don't have a fireplace in the house... so I am all about fake, mini and faux. lol...
We are all still talking about mantels, right?


I cannot wait to paint this small radio cabinet white/cream/something-not-brown-ish.




For New Year's I had a picture of my grandparents in color... but I thought the colors were all wrong (for my V-Day theme) so I made a black and white copy {regular paper} and put it in a red frame I had on hand {IKEA}.

  • The red stem thingies were clearance at Walgeens for a buck... they were in the Christmas aisle, but I thought that they'd go perfectly for the month of LOVE.  
  • The "Love" vinyl is from Hobby Lobby, I think it was $3... and it says "Love is just a word... until someone comes along and gives it meaning."  <---- Love that!
  • I found the birdies in the spring section of Hobby Lobby...30% off, both less than $2. The candle sticks were a Goodwill find $1 each. The grass plant... IKEA $3. I added the polka dot ribbon - from ribbon I had on hand.


Another IKEA frame on hand...I added two different types of ribbon and then took a foam heart I had leftover from project that didn't happen from last year.  {I'm Wild About You! No, really. I am!}


The apples are in a red, heart-shaped dish. The apples are from my fridge. The heart-shaped dish was a Goodwill find - fifty cents. :D


And finally... a simple red wreath for the front door...


I still have the bigger fake mantel to finish up... hopefully I will get that done today...
But for now, I am beginning to feel the L.O.V.E around here.

Speaking of LOVE!!! --- big shout out to my momma.
It's her BIRTHDAY today!!
Note... this picture is *not* from today... She's out celebrating and I am here blogging when I should be cleaning.


xoxo,
me

Linked to COM, Itsy Bitsy Paper, & Funky Junk (buttons on right) 
and Skip to my Lou

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks "Love"ly...couldn't resist. Bright and cheery and so beautifully displayed. Hard to believe it is almost February already. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and now I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so funny that we were both working on our ledge's this week! (my fake mantel too!)
    I love what you have done...so pretty and festive.
    Happy birthday Momma! Hey, maybe you can meet her at Hobby Lobby for some shopping? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)