2.10.2012

Almost a teenager...

I am slowly dying inside...


 When Isabel was little, I worked a 3-midnight shift. I feel like I missed out a lot on both kids (Nic wasn't around yet) during those 2 years. But we did what we had to do to keep them out of daycare, etc.

Isabel has grown up. She will be 13 in April.
It's not always been easy. In fact, call my mom (867-5309) and she will tell you that there are times when I've called her crying, screaming, begging for her to let me come home.

She just laughed her EVIL laugh...


And said, "PAYBACK, BABY!!!!"
I whimpered. Why does she have to be some mean?! *I* think I was a good girl.

Enough about mom and me. This post is about Isabel.

Isabel, when it's just the two of us, or her and Marcos... is the sweetest, dorkiest, funniest, wittiest, girl... ever. (I think she gets that from me!!!).... 

 

But if her brothers, her cousin or washing the dishes are involved, WATCH OUT!
We are taking raising Isabel day-by-day... as patiently as possible. It's a phase. She will outgrow it when she's thirty five. We can handle this. 

There are those moments when I want to pull my hair out...
And there are those moments, like this morning, when she came to me asking if I could help straighten her hair (she just got her hairs cut, too!!).  

If I do say so myself... Isabel looks stunning today! 
It's Pride Day at school. She goes to a Charter School... and since the Jr. High students have had an awesome semester so far, they decided to give them a day to dress down and to have a party at school, with music and snacks, etc. 

She asked if we could go get a new outfit for the occasion.
Last night, we were at Tilly's getting her shirts. She begged for new Vans, I caved on new shoe laces for her current Vans. lol...  Since Tilly's doesn't sell jeans in a size larger than super-skinny, no meat on the bone, we took a chance on Tar-Jay. And scored. They had the gray skinnies on clearance for less than eight bucks.

I think she looks adorable and grown up - ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

 

It's hard to believe that the big ONE THREE is right around the corner... and that I will officially have two teen aged kids. 

Off to get medicated.

P.S. Just kidding about the medicated part. Maybe.

P.S.S. You didn't think I'd give out my momma's REAL phone number, did you?!

P.S.S. Happy Friday!!
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

3 comments:

  1. I am now following you on Linky Follower. I would love it if you followed me back. I always enjoy meeting new bloggers. I have joined your hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Michelle!! ;) I am with you on meeting new bloggers; following you for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, is your Mom's name Jenny Jenny?
    Girls....they can be really scary and really sweet! She is a beauty inside and out, and you will all survive. I think.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)