2.16.2012

Blinded by the Light

Well... not so much anymore.

I was going through my archives... and this is the best picture I could find of my front door and the windows that flank each side.


This was obviously taken last Halloween. I don't normally have bats flying around.

See those window coverings? I love them. Sheer and Pretty. Pretty and Sheer.
The husband hated them. He said people could see in.

So?!?!

Anyway, our trip to Home Depot this week took us down the blind aisle. And I decided to go ahead and pick up some blinds for those skinny windows.

We had to cut them down to 15 7/8. See? Skinny.

You know I LOVE LOVE LOVE Holly's front door. While I can't have exactly what she has, I want to get close. Her windows are skinnier than mine (jealous!), so I cannot leave them without something covering up their bits and pieces...


So, I decided to go with white wooden blinds, instead of the dark brown blinds I have throughout the rest of downstairs. I think they will look much better with the white molding we plan on adding.


Now... please note that nothing is in its place right now... That area looks awfully blank.
But I promise you, every time I look towards the front door, I giggle. I love the look of the white blinds hanging there.

I will get a better picture as soon as I put my house back in order.

Besides the front door, we are also concentrating on a door for the 4-legged creatures. That's been a hassle for sure. Looks like we will have to use a wall one... Yay, stucco patch and paint. Fun.

Not.

Anyway... I have blinds. I have so much more to do and share.
But first, must get my real work done. This momma needs paper. =)

xoxo,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)