2.16.2012

Flying Solo

Well... you know I went to IKEA on Tuesday.
Someone has to put the darn bookcases together. And I was too excited to allow them to just sit in their boxes, in the formal living room. Since the office is not quite there, but the formal living (going to be turned library), is ready to go, I decided to put those together first.

Uhem. Well, at least one of them.

And I did all by myself.
(Alex did help lift one side up for me to piece the thing together but it took all of 4 seconds, promise.)

There... in that picture above... lies proof that someone (may or may not be the one I am married to) didn't lift a finger. He normally does EVERYTHING around the house, so I was okay with taking charge of this particular project.  =) If you read this (like he did last night) - LOVE YOU BABE!


I am a LONG way from being done.

1) Keyboard is not staying there.
2) I want to add an extension to the bookcase, they were out.
3) The brown encyclopedia's (second shelf) are from 1955! That's even from before my Mom was born (but not my dad).
4) The Time Life books, on the third shelf, to the right... from 1976. Same age as me, and in just as perfect condition.  =)

I have to build the other one which will flank the window to the right. And then I have to fill the suckers in.
I am sooo excited.

Seriously, I stared at that lone bookcase all night!!

Lots more goodies to share this week. The husband and I went on a date to Home Depot last night.

YAY!

xoxo,
me

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous - the nearest IKEA for us is 4 hours away! But I always get lost in there, anyway. Like seriously can't-find-my-way-out LOST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - now IKEA is about 40 minutes away. Before we bought the house and moved all the way out here, no lie... we lived 2 minutes (IF THAT) from the store. And I understand about getting lost. I just follow the arrows! lol... 40 minutes, 4 hours... it's worth it to me. Lots of good things to get!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)