2.13.2012

Goodness Gracious...

I heart Goodwill!

My sister-cousin (you know, someone who's closer than just a cousin?!) decided that we needed a day to Goodwill hop. And boy did we!!??!!

Bri's mom, my lovely Aunt Anita joined on the fun! We started at 10am in the morning at Goodwill #1.
Where I scored.

MAJORLY.

So much so, that I've decided to rethink my entire green office. I love the green, but I've decided to go another way.  Look at this sweetie pie:


We are thinking, because of the capped legs... maybe 50s or 60s!? All this loveliness for a mere 59 dollar store toys. I know... right?!?!

She will not be brown, she will not be white... You will just have to wait to see, but let me assure you... I *am* giving myself a deadline to get her completed.

In addition to the desk, I found this SOLID filing cabinet. It's maybe 4" tall and SOLID. Oh, mentioned that already. Also old. It makes me think of an old military one.


Now, as the picture alludes... she will be white. Yummy.

I found a ton of odds and ends, too many to put in this post for now... but I do want to share this yellow frame I found. I like it a lot!


Well, maybe I love it. ;)

Finally... I am not a sewer. I wish, but I am not. But my cousin Bri (who is) got me to start looking at some fabric today... and now I have 100 million ideas.

But first?! Must.Get.Sewing.Machine. Pronto.

Look at some of this fabric stuff I picked up for on the cheap at the G:

I even picked out a valance... there was just one... so I quickly turned it into a table runner. Easy!


I have so many projects to keep me busy... but the first one (well, maybe second one - still need to finish my stenciled wall)... is my Office Makeover.

It was a fantastic day from start (10am) to finish (6pm). So much fun with my cousin and my aunt.

We can't wait to do it again (after our to-do lists are complete, that is!)

xoxo,
me

2 comments:

  1. Seriously? I've got to stop with my 'just dropping off' routine at goodwill and start shopping as well.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the desk!!! And the fabrics...and the frame....and even the file cabinet!!! Woot woot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz... I scored big time with that desk. We even got it on a SUNDAY, the day after a 50% off Saturday. I can't believe it was there. I am so excited abt making it over!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)