2.12.2012

Dare I say it?

Saturday was SUNNY and SPRINGY and SEVENTY-FIVE!

We had all of the kids outside with us weeding, planting, cleaning, sweeping, blowing, raking, etc.
For about 3 hours.

Whew. One more thing off of my to-do list.

Thank gosh for sweet helpers!

Even though it's still very early in the year... we live in Arizona, and sometimes Spring just comes early. I noticed some leaves growing in our newly planted roses.

We added some flowers to the front yard... I trimmed up our little palms out front...
And we planted a new plant in the side yard.  That poor side yard area has been dug up so many times.
I think this is the 4th [and final] plant/tree thingy.  Bottom right, that's a Split Leaf Philodendron. I love the feel of it... as in tropical! ;)

The grass is still dormant... I suspect, over the next few weeks, it will start growing in green again.
With the front yard finally cleaned up, I am one happy momma!


Until I realize that the backyard is still dirt. Groan!! I feel like we aren't ever going to get the rest of the lot done!

Well... we *are* going to be adding a third driveway in this month... on the right side of the house. It will lead back to the RV gate and side yard.

Why, you ask?!


A new [to us] car. She's a 2011 Mazda 3 and the husband has been driving her mostly. She has a sun-roof. [SWOON!]

That means that as soon as a certain teenager gets off his butt and gets his license, he will have the small truck to drive. Thus, we need an additional parking space.

The original plan, when we did the landscaping, was to build a paver driveway. But, we held off and have since decided to go with concrete.

Can't wait until that's done! Hopefully soon!

Spring is in the air (I did dare to say it)... and I am loving life.

12 comments:

  1. Hi - I found you on the Linky Blog Hop - and am a new follower. Your house is gorgeous !!!
    Please pop over and visit me and maybe follow back if you like what you see xx Nat
    http://northshoredays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat... We love it!! =) Going to stop by for a visit for sure!

      Delete
  2. Found you via the Linky hop and have become your newest follower. Looking forward to reading your future posts. Hope you have time to visit and perhaps follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the name of your blog! Off to follow you!!

      Delete
  3. I'm a new Linky Follower (from the blog LF hop) and I'd love it if you would visit my blog, http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com

    Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for getting the kids out there to help!
    I'm a new Linky follower from the hop, would love for you to come visit and follow if you like. :)
    http://plumdoodles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sheila! I am off to check out Plum Doodles now!!

      Delete
  5. your place looks great...and color!! we here in central Pa have a thin sheet of white on the ground and bare brown everywhere else...ready for spring!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I feel so bad for the regions that are dealing with COLD and SNOW. Brrr. This is exactly why I live in Arizona. 10 months of SUNSHINE! ;) But I am not bragging, no siree. :P I am off to follow you now! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  6. I love what you have done!!! It all looks wonderful and clean. I love clean! The new car is adorable....double swoon.
    You have dirt in the back yard? I say you throw in a veggie garden!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love CLEAN too!! I want a veggie garden so bad. But I first need to add a water source back there. As in husband needs to get to trenching. P.S. Let me know if you get this reply in your email?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)