2.11.2012

I ♥ My 'New' Table

I know I've already shown you the mostly completed family room coffee table [you know, the $12 find?!]

But, what I failed to mention is that my super sweet husband stayed up late on Thursday night to poly the baby.  And now that it's dry... and back in place... I wanted to show it off one more time.
 


Of course I cannot take all of the credit for it (except for the fact that it was I racing through Goodwill, dodging peeps, straight towards the purdy thing and I was the one who decided on the Jacobean color).

Marcos and Alex spent hours sanding it down, getting the smoke smell out of it... and then staining it lovely colored. I will note that I *may* have touched the hand-held sander at one point. And I did go out to supervise once or twice.

Isabel and Marcos carried it in from the garage this morning. So, even my girlie got in on the fun!

So... please help me congratulate my wonderful family... for their time, energy and mad DIY skills...
I owe them a good, home-cooked dinner tonight.

Anyone wanna do the cookin' for me?

See who I am linking up to:

6 comments:

  1. Super cute blog!!! I'm your newest linky follower!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table! I can never resist a dark wood finish myself :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your table. The color is beautiful! I am your newest follower and I would love if you would link up to my little party: www.nutmegplace.com/2012/02/show-off-saturday-1.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table turned out perfect! I love the darker tones in it:) This is my first time visiting your blog and I'm your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Your table looks great!
    I found you at Six Sisters' and became you latest Linky follower.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so amazing! I'd love for you to share this at our linky party! http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/02/riverton-housewives-round-up-4.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)