2.14.2012

Happy V-Day, Peeps

It's Valentine's Day... and I feel like I am out of it.

Too much work, too much on my mind... not enough LOVE.

This is the first year I haven't had to do Valentine's cards at all. Isa is in 7th grade, not cool mom. Alex is in H.S. - he has only ONE Valentine. And Nic is a pre-school dropout.

I did give Abby and Isa a large bag of candy each, V-Day style, to hand out to friends or random people (wouldn't that make your day, if someone randomly gave you a Valentine?!)

Alex had me at the store yesterday evening to pick out flowers for his girlfriend, Deanna. I blog about this, only because I don't want to forget it. He didn't want me taking his picture... but I swore I wouldn't put it on Facebook. THIS isn't Facebook. :)


There are several different outtakes of this pic... normally he wouldn't be smiling so... But I forced him to.
I'm the momma.

Guess who was up this morning searching for tissue paper and ribbon?! That kid owes me.
I couldn't let him give her the flowers in the clear plastic wrap. I would be so embarrassed.
My motto...?! If you are going to do something - go all the way and do it right.

It's all about presentation... I tell him. He shakes his head and says that it's what's inside that counts.
Hmph. But at least we raised him right.  BTW, three red roses for their three months together. Nice.

Speaking of "WE".....
I can't wait for the husband to get home tonight. We are having ♥ shaped burgers and fries... and there will be a few mushy things for the love of my life.

I hope your Valentine's Day is wonderful and merry and bright! ;)

If you don't have a Valentine... consider adopting me. I like chocolate.

xoxo,
me

2 comments:

  1. As if I could love that boy any more than I did. My heart is filled to the brim. Thank you for your covert sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope the inked girl on his shirt is NOT Deanna. :)
    Happy VD to you too....flowers in plastic is so darn ghetto.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)