2.15.2012

Put a fork in me...

I am done.

I have had these lovely utensils hanging for a long while now.
Since we bought the house.  They are from Hobby Lobby...  they still sell them.



When I went back into the model of our house a while back, I realize that the model had the SAME exact utensils hanging in the same exact spot as I. I don't remember them from our initial tour, but it MUST be where I got the idea. Crazy.

They took up valuable wall space where they were, so I knew I wanted to move them.
P.S. The plant hasn't been there for ages. That space is where my pie safe now resides.

Anyway, I decided to spruce the spoon and fork up a little, before finding a new home for them.
Between the Before and During picture, they were at least 5 different colors. In a 48 hour period.

I wanted bright yellow. Then blue. Then aged yellow. Then aged blue...
Then silver.


Here they are in their new home.



Thoughts?

Since I asked... I thought I would love them there. But maybe it's the silver I am not loving?!
I may try them above the pantry door... in silver. But if not, then I am may go back to this same space, but with the bright yellow color.

Okay... now *your* thoughts.

P.S. Anyone need a knife?!

7 comments:

  1. Love the color. I'm thinking they're hung too low. But its hard to tell from the pic. Is there a spot in the kitchen to hang them a little highter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bri - I am with you. At first, when I envisioned them in that Pencil yellow, I thought it would be a great pop right there. P.S. I actually found the yellow spray paint I wanted at Hobby Lobby; I bought them out. 5 cans! lol...

      Delete
  2. Ha!!! I have those!!!! I have had them since maybe November (?) but I cannot for the life of me figure out where to hang them or even in what position. I realize the hole in the back only allows for them to be hung handle up, but I kinda was thinking of upside down or even sideways. Anyways, they look really nice in silver, and I am digging where they're at. I never thought of that as a place to hang anything really, but that is an awesome spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn! I am with you, I'd much rather have them hanging sidewise (and still might do it)... I would either use some of the great new 3M products (have you tried the velcro strips? THEY WORK!!) or use the picture hanging kits to add those clips so I can then hang them as I want.

      Delete
    2. I will give the velcro strips a try. I have tried their sticky hook thingies for hanging my aprons in the pantry, but they fell within the day. Not sure if it was me or the product, so hopefully velcro has a little more staying power! Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Interesting. Def. pay attention to the poundage and the instructions of waiting a bit before hanging. I have never had a problem. And as far as taking down, I've only had one fail me, but nothing a little paint couldn't fix!! ;)

      Delete
  3. So funny.
    I purchased a fork and knife a while back to hang OVER the top of my cabinets...but they wouldn't stay like I needed them too. (who has to slam cabinet doors anyway?) I had them sideways....and I ended up taking them back.
    I like them in silver....Do you have room over your cabinets..perhaps your handy dandy helper can make yours stay put?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)