2.28.2012

Seeing Green

I love this time of year (well, after all of the February Germies go away).

This is the time of year where I start seeing GREEN!!

I am talking about my lovely Ash tree.

Here she is after being planted in January 2011:


In February 2011:


In early April 2011:



And now:



Isn't she lovely?!
She's just started to get her leaves back, waking up from her winter hibernation period.

Her trunk is thicker, her branches are thicker and longer. I am pleased!

I spent this past Saturday morning at a workshop hosted by our electric company. It talked about how shade trees can help keep your house cooler. It shared the types of trees that work best in our area and how and where to plant them. They then provided TWO FREE trees!! So, I will be planting them in my backyard this weekend. They are desert like trees, so they need less water (yay, since I don't have the watering system in the back yard yet).

So, I see some gardening in our very near future!!

2 comments:

  1. She's beautiful =) I need to see if my utility company offers anything like this....I need some trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a lovely young lady...and will provide good shade and endless perches for the local birdies too!
    I can't wait to see your free trees....you know how I feel about green stuff....AND free stuff too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)