3.15.2012

Paved the way to a nicer Pad [Spring Fever Diaries #2]



Another project to check off our list.

We have this wonderful RV gate... but no RV. And, really... we aren't looking for an RV.
Instead, we need a place to house {hide?!} our garbage and recycle bins. And the garage is NOT that place.

We've kept them on the side of the house. But their "pad" got a little makeover during the past two days.

We had a ton of leftover pavers from our landscaping adventures. So really, this project cost us not much in the way of supplies. A ton of sand is only $27 {man, I wish more things could be done with sand!}...


Regardless of the number of pavers we had on hand, we knew we weren't taking the pad to the far right wall. We wanted to make sure we could run water lines or do stuff if we needed to, so we left about 24" which will be filled with landscaping rock.



Here is my seat. As the for{wo}man, I had to ensure everything was going smoothly and that no one was slacking.  :)

Of course, as any good leader would do, I also helped out; shoveling sand, filling up buckets, transporting pavers. You get the idea.


Oh, I also wrote in the sand a little.


I love this man. I could tell you all the reasons why. His winning personality, his imperfect, but perfect for me smile, his great head of hair, etc...

But the two things I LOVE ABOUT HIM THE MOST?! His patience and his work ethic. This man rocks.


Another example of ME, hard at work. Hey, someone has to document!!


Here she is... nearly done.


The boys and I were up until midnight (sorry, neighbor Jen!). The next morning, they went back out there to add the twinkie border and cement. 




Today, they just need to add the sand, mist it down and call it a day!

The entire time?!?!
This is what the doggies were doing:


And I've watched enough Cesar Milan to know exactly what them pups were conversing about:


Happy Friday Eve!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I cannot wait til my hubby gets home so we can dive into some DIY projects. I'm tired of paying someone to do it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this....it looks great, right down to the twinkie border. :)
    hey, someone has to direct and document and we both know women are better at that!!!!
    Your husband is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)