3.16.2012

Momma-Type Decisions

I say momma-type, but I assure you... daddy has a say, too.
I have some decisions to make regarding Nic and where we are going to send him for Kindergarten in the fall.


We are pro'ing and con'ing, hemming and hawing, and everything else we need to do. We want to make the right decision for Nic.

Nic turned 5 last December and well, truthfully, he's a pre-school drop out. The school's schedule wasn't working with mine, so he's been home with me every day since the beginning of the year. I don't mind it - he's a good kid.

But having him home has allowed him to fall back on his educational duties. A little.

Both of my older kids have only ever gone to public school... until we moved out to QC and put my daughter in the school across the street... a back-to-basics Charter school. We (me and the school) haven't gelled much. I am not sure I even want to send Isabel back there for her last year (as an 8th grader).

So, the baby daddy and I have been scouring the net and GreatSchools.org trying to determine where we should send these kiddos, especially Nic.

Is he traditional?!
Does he need more free time?
Would he rather be more hands on than repetitive?
Do I want to drive him to school everyday?
What happened to all-day Kindergarten?!
What's this three hours stuff?

Lots to think about...

Why must our kids grow up?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is such a challenge as a parent! I know you will both come up with a great plan for the kids....or else, you will have to homeschool! {???!!!!}

    We are tossing around ideas for a change for Linds next year. 11th grade...and she is NOT on board with that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)