7.26.2010

Evidently, we are in Escrow.

So... we trucked ourselves back over to the neighborhood and handed over a check.
Signed a few million pieces of paper and now we are in Escrow.
Whatever that means.

My mom was dying to see the place.
At first, I was really worried she would think we were too far out
(it's abt 40 minutes from her house).
But when she saw the views and the HOUSE - she was sold.
As in crying.

Which makes me feel weird.
Oh, how I wish the financing were a done deal already.

Want to see some pics?

First, let me warn you...
I am a bad empty-house-picture-taker.

Go with me here:

Kitchen (duh).  :D


Eat-in portion of the kitchen.. 
The appliances have yet to be decided on, so we got to do that.
We chose a VERY NICE gas stove (5 burner!) and
an equally yummy microwave and dishwasher.

The counter tops are yucky... we will upgrade
Someday...



This is on the other side of the kitchen, the small-ish family room.
I think they tiled too much of the kitchen
which in turn made the familyroom small-ish.

Eventually, I think we will tile out the family room.
We have some extra boxes, but are on the lookout for more.
Actually, in a year or two, anything that is carpet will
actually turn to wood floors or tile.
Can't stand carpet.


Three car tandem garage!


Large laundry room.
It's plumbed for a sink,
but they didn't add a sink.
Weird.
The husband is thinking of moving the plumbing
into the garage for a work sink.

I would like to either add a freezer in the laundry room
or make it a mud room - a place to put coats,
backpacks, and shoes.

We will see.



This here's our office.
It's a smidgen smaller than our current office
but we have WAY too much stuff.
So we will be paring down...
and I want the husband to remove the closet
and put bookcases.

And no, I don't normally keep Isa in the closet.



Full guest bath.


View from the front entry way.


Loft/REAL Family room!


View from said Loft.
The San Tan Mountains.
Loverly! 
(p.s. - no, i don't think we have ghosts. i think my camera
has a small scratch on the outer lens
which keeps putting orbs in my pics.
but a ghost would be cool, no?)


Our backyard...
and the new community Aquatic Center.
All that dirt?
It will eventually be phase 3 of the subdivision.
But even the two story houses won't block this view.

Man, the landscaper is gonna be our best friend,
right?
We need some trees!


Where the magic happens.


But not when she's in the room.

Mom was helping take pictures!
She's excited.


Master Bath.


Master closet.
Well, one half of it.
It's as big as the kids' bedrooms.


View from the closet WINDOW!
Love it!


One of the kids' bedrooms.


View from Nic's bedroom.
This is the Superstition Mountains.
What a sight!
Such beauty!


Upstairs, hall linen closet.


Kids bathroom...


Nic's room.


Looking downstairs from the loft...
I see the husband!


The outside of the house!
It still needs the tiles on the roof...
and it needs to be painted.
And then, of course, landscaping!


View from our driveway!
I imagine MANY nights, sitting outside with some sweet tea,
watching the kids play outside.
/sigh


I am in love with this house.
Please keep your fingers crossed
that the financing goes okay.

That's the really scary part for me.

4 comments:

  1. Sooo excited for you!! What a gorgeous house and amazing views!! Keeping my crossables crossed for you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This house is beautiful, even if it has a round headed ghost. :)
    Love the kitchen cabinets...so much storage. And don't get me started on the laundry room and the size of the linen closet!!! FABULOUS.
    Best of luck...just think positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom and Papa love it too, we are sure we could sleep comfortably in your walk in closet on those nights when it's too late to leave.lol We are so proud of your hard work, we know it hasn't been easy. EVERYTHING is crossed!
    Love you all,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this! I am so beyond happy for you! I know how hard you and "the husband" have been working and you completely deserve this. {Loves}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)