8.11.2010

The Third Day wasn't a Charm for Us

There was a lot to do today... so much so, I tried to get us prepared for it last night.
It didn't help much...

I got up early and made sure the kids had stuff for breakfast.
By stuff I mean bagels, or toast, or Frosted Flakes.

I ended up helping Isabel straighten her hair. Alex got dressed then helped to get Nic up and ready.

We all had somewhere to be by 8am.

Isabel had NO interest in posing for me today... =(


But Nic did...
He wasn't really posing...
Just standing there with his hand in his pockets.


And look at his new shoes.
Super cute.


We left the house...
Alex and Isa went to school...
Nic and drove to his Pre-School screening.

Look at this sky on the way to his school... 
This was at 7am.
It was a bit brighter out than the picture lets on,
but still so stunning to look at.


We drop off the older kids, and Nic and I make our way
to the Pre-School room.
We are having him checked out by a Speech Pathologist.
We think there might be some articulation issues.

There are about eight other kids there...
After we get the kids settled, the parents are
sent off to an adjoining room.
Fifteen minutes in, the loudspeaker comes on.
"Attention: The school is in a lock down...
Staff, we are in a lock down!"

Next thing we know, teachers come flying in,
turning off the lights, locking the doors,
and covering the windows with paper.

No explanation.

I texted a few peeps (mom and the husband) to see
if maybe they had heard something or if they could check the news.
Nothing.

No one knew what was going on.
In the next room, the kids kept playing... there was some light
by which to continue to evaluate the kids.

After about an hour, the lock down ended...
Eventually my mother found out that there was
an intrusion in the neighborhood...
they weren't taking a chance.

Worse part of it all?
I couldn't connect to Facebook via my BBerry.
Not sure why.

/sigh.

We are all okay!
Nic, however, wasn't really cooperating today - I don't think he feels well still.

We are going to take him for a 1:1 session.
They weren't concerned with his speech;
rather, they saw small issues in the Cognitive and Social areas.

After all of that craziness, mom called and said
"Let's do lunch!"
So I picked her up in my swagger wagon...
and off to Chick-fil-A we went.
Gosh, I love that place.

After a tasty meal...
We decided to head to Barnes and Noble.

Nic was tooo cute...


For all of 5 minutes...
Then he turned into a very energetic rascal.
I think between being tired and not feeling well,
it was all too much for him.
I had to leave the stuff I planned on purchasing
in a stack somewhere
(sorry B&N peeps... won't happen again)
and take Nic to the car while mom checked out.
He was behaving that badly.
Of course...
a mile from home, he fell asleep.
So, he's a cutie pie again - all curled up in his bed.

I think I am ready for a nap...
I cannot believe it's only Wednesday...
/sigh

3 comments:

  1. Lockdowns are scary!!!!
    I hope he feels better soon; I remember those 'rascal in the store' days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barring Jaime delivering my beautiful grandchildren I have never been so frightened in my life.
    Those are words I hope never to see or hear again.
    I want to cry just reliving the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have trips to the store that go just like that once in a while, too. ;-) But Nic looks so big and grown up! When did that happen? Come back to CL and give us an update!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)