10.25.2010

I thought I was pregnant...

I can't share the WHOLE story. It hasn't finished playing out yet. There will definitely be updates to this post.

This morning, while the husband was getting ready, Alex decided to make coffee for the two of them. I woke to a horrible smell. It had a coffee smell to it, but it was much worse. I could barely stand it.

I laid there in bed, with my comforter up to my chin, trying to figure out why the coffee smelled sooo bad.

"Maybe it's the new bag your mom brought over," the husband offered.
"It's the same as we had before - and the last bag didn't smell like that," I said.

It was bad.

Then I started thinking about why it was affecting me so much  more than the husband - who basically shrugged it off.

THEN I started going over the calendar in my mind. You know, THE calendar. How long has it been... Is it possible. Of course not.

But...

Hmmm.

Thankfully, my thoughts were interrupted by the husband leaving... and then my son yelling up to me "I can't find my keys, and I don't want you to have to get out of bed, so I am going out the side gate."

"Alright," I yelled back down. "But don't think you're off of the hook for finding your house key!"

Could I be?!

Hmmm.

[KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCKKNOCKKNOCK!]

Huh?

I race down the stairs and there's Alex at the front door. So much for... Ah well.

"Sup," I ask.

"Mom... there's a skunk stuck between the garbage can and the gate on the side of the house. And it smells!"

"What?!" Yes, I am not with child!  Which is a good thing, cuz we are DONE.

"I walked right past it," Alex continued. "And it was making this 'pift' sound.  No wonder Milo [the dog] was going crazy."

I told Alex to scoot - I didn't want him missing the bus.

But that left me, Milo, Nic [asleep upstairs, missing the commotion and SMELL] and Isa. 

I knew what I had to do.

But obviously, since I mentioned this story would have several parts, I didn't get the job done.

But we tried. I had Isa camped out in the van to get pictures. Meanwhile, I looked for anything I could find to maybe, perhaps?, push the can over from the back side of the gate.

Nothing. The can is full. It's garbage day, after all.

Which means, #1 I have a stuck skunk. #2 We may miss the garbage guy.

It smells soooo bad. 




I am very upset with the construction worker who, instead of offering his assistance, called out to let me know I had a skunk stuck between the wheels of my garbage can.

$150 to have it professionally removed. I checked.
Might be worth it.

But, for the sake of entertaining you all - I have the husband coming home from work to help get rid of this little rascal.  And I will have my camera ready for some action.

You're welcome.

TTYL.

1 comment:

  1. Is he really stuck, or is he just hiding????
    what a way to start your morning.
    I suppose a skunk is better than a baby in this case. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)