12.17.2010

I bribed them with ice cream

I wanted to try and get some pics for our Christmas card this year (never mind the 3 boxes of generic cards I already bought from Wal-Mart). I think photo cards are the best.  Too bad I can't get my entire family together at one time to get a family photo card made.  Anyway, I took the three kids out to a field close by and got snap happy.

Oh how I dream of a real better camera. Maybe next Christmas.

I had to bribe the kids with Baskin Robbins. I said if they behave, do as I say, and pose like mad men, I would take them for a scoop of the sweet stuff.

I got what I needed, loaded the kiddos back in to the van and made our way towards BR. Even though, I love their Mint Chocolate Chip ice-cream, I wasn't in the mood for unloading and reloading my brood. I had an errand list a mile long. But I didn't want to go back on my offer. So, I did what any selfish mom would do.

Oh man, I am parched.

Perhaps they couldn't hear me over Bruno Mars blasting on the radio?!

I could use a cold one.

Still nothing.

They weren't getting my pointed hint. I had to come straight out with it.

Kids?! We should go to Chick-Fil-A instead of Baskin Robbins. I hear they have great shakes. And Nic, I can buy you an ice cream cone!

Moans and groans, really?!

I will throw in a sweet tea!

Cheer and applause!

Score for me! Who doesn't love sweet tea and a drive-thru?  Maybe Baskin Robbins should reconsider their strategy...

Without further lame stories about my thirst for delicious sweet tea adieu...

This is the photo I used for our Christmas card... In the background you can see (barely) Red Mountain and Usery Pass. Pretty.


And here are a few more I captured.







All in all, it was a quick and easy photo shoot.  I can't wait to get the kids out again, though! ;) We have some cool, old buildings out here that would serve as killer backdrops!

P.S. I really have to figure out this lighting thing... Do I really need to take pics when the sun is rising or setting?! I am in a constant fight with shadows. Maybe it's a mixture of the light, shadows, and my just okay camera?! /sigh. I see some photography classes in my future.

2 comments:

  1. And here I thought you were a professional photographer with all your beautiful photos!!!!!
    These are amazing...love them all especially the first one!
    Hey, you can do our pictures too if I get a sweet tea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look cute! Yes, this AZ sun is a beast. I have to take my pictures in all shade for the best, soft look on skin and to get rid of shadows... be careful if you choose tree shade though because light spots come through. Also, ALL sun works too- just depends on what you are going for. Sunset is best- you don't want the sun too high in the sky (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)