12.16.2010

Over half of my life

Today is my 16th wedding anniversary...

Happy Anniversary to: my partner in crime, the man I adore [mi amore], my bacon bringer-home-er, my cuddle buddy, my true BFF, the dude who puts a smile on my face every single day, my massage therapist, the guy who makes sure I have oil and window cleaner fluid in my van, my own personal deejay, the sweetheart who loves me despite my flaws, the REAL DEAL.

Now, I just have to find a way to tell Marcos about us.

Of course, I am kidding. The only us is Marcos and me. =)
It's crazy to think... the husband and I have been together for more than half of my life. It's hard to remember a time before "us."

I was sitting across from him at dinner the other night - just watching him interact with the kids. And I SAW him. There are days, more often than not, that we co-exist. But, that other night, I stopped and really acknowledged him. He makes my gut tingle.

I am one blessed woman.

We will be going out for dinner tonight sans ninos... not sure where yet. Originally, we wanted to take a small trip somewhere... We never did get a honeymoon.  Because of all things December and our landscaper demanding money for services rendered, we have to put that off for a while. So, besides Googling and daydreaming about our impending tropical vacation somewhere in the next few months, I am going to enjoy all that today brings - starting with breakfast.

I did mention that the husband was my bacon bringer-home-er, right?

Have a marvelous day. I know I will!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  <3

EDITED TO ADD pics of what the husband surprised me with...





My heart is pitter-pattering.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What a great post! You are such a fabulous writer. Your comments on my blog always make my day.
    I need to send you a Christmas card. Will you email me your address? nikmmason@yahoo.com
    Or is that kinda weird cuz I've never actually met you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...this is so sweet!!!!
    You get what you deserve, right? And you deserve him...and he deserves you. It all works out sometimes.
    Happy anniversary to you both!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)