12.22.2010

Under the influence

As I type this - I am under the influence of antibiotics and Tylenol with Codeine.
I, my friends, have strep throat.
Probably the worst case I have ever had.
I was in bed all day yesterday - I couldn't move.
At one point, my fever reached 108.
For real.

That was when I knew I had to get to the doctor. I obviously couldn't drive myself.
Alex is not quite there yet. We've moved 30-40 minutes away from all family members.
I had to call Marcos and ask him to come home from work.

I've had strep throat PLENTY of times in the past, but my throat didn't hurt the same way as it previously did. So I assumed it was the flu.

I was wrong.

I cannot believe I actually survived yesterday. I thought I was a goner.
I felt that bad.

After three doses of Tylenol #3, my fever finally broke sometime in the middle of the night.
Now I just need to figure out how to get my throat from hurting; it feels like I am swallowing glass.
I am afraid I should have asked for the Z-pack. I think maybe the Augmentin is not strong enough.

The bad news is, since strep is so contagious, we will have to postpone Christmas.
Who does that?

Us. So, we have rescheduled Christmas to happen on New Years Day.
If nothing else, I get a whole extra week to finish up the shopping and wrapping.

Eh. Who am I kidding? I am going back to bed.

P.S. Landscapers were here yesterday! My sprinklers are IN! Today is supposed to be pavers (walkway and border for where the grass is going); however, we are expecting almost two inches of rain today. So it probably won't happen.  =(
Thanks a lot, California. You can just keep your silly winter storm.

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing. I hope you get better soon....Santa is supposed to be here on Saturday you know. Santa's helpers can't be in bed and make the magic happen. You know, Christmas magic.

    I had strep one year so bad, I lost 7 lbs and thought I would DIE. Rest up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)