1.20.2011

Around the House

The weather has been lovely - with a capital L.
Everyday, after school, I've found myself outside with the kids, playing catch or hanging out at the park. Who wants to be INSIDE when it's 75* OUTSIDE?! 

Not me.

I did, however, manage to get some stuff done around the house over the past few days...


Still lovin' my yard. We just bought some lemon and lime trees from Costco (of all places) - but it's a little early to plant them. So I am keeping them in the garage for the time being. Well, yesterday - with the weather all warm, and the sun all shiny, I decided to pull them out to get some fresh air. Thems are heavy suckers. When I take them out later today, I will try to remember to get a picture of them; gotta document their growth!

This first picture is of a Christmas present from my mom. I love this sign. It is in the colors of my living room and kitchen. I didn't want to just hang it on any ordinary nail, so I went to Hobby Lobby and found this cool hook. It was $2.99, and then I used my 40% coupon, so it was cheap (but still very classy!).


(to the left is my office, to the right is the bathroom)

On the wall near the bathroom, I hung a new picture. I got it at Ross. For $16.
Again, perfect colors!
I almost put it in the bathroom, but decided that I will keep looking. So, in the small hallway it went.


This next thing, I LOVE. Also got it at Ross, but this time for $10.
It took more time looking for the dang drill then it did to hang the sucker.
Where the paper is, there was no backing and I thought the bare wall looked weird peaking in, so I took some scrapbook paper and glued it right to the wall (just kidding, to the back of the shelf).
It's on the wall (column?) just before you turn to enter the kitchen.
The husband thinks it's too high, I agree. But he doesn't want to see what a mess I made with the drill, so we will just keep it there. Isabel pointed out it was perfect; Nic couldn't reach the keys.
Now I just need to find some things to add to the shelves.


We've officially got things on our walls now! How cool is that?!

Change of subject. As I mentioned above... the weather is divine. So much so, the husband and I already started talking about Spring Break. We've decided we want to go up north (only about an 90 miles away) for a few day trips. We want to go fishing and hiking. So now I am counting down the days until March 14!
Just so I get to spend time looking at this type of scenery:



1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh....that is gorgeous scenery.
    The house is looking mawwwwwvalous. Love all your up dates.
    We planted a key lime tree last year (had about 4 limes) and the poor baby was toasted in one of our many freezes this winter. I almost cried.
    Can't wait to see your citrus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)