2.14.2011

As serious as a heart attack...

That's how serious I am about the front my home.
Even though I have piles of laundry to sort through today, and a kitchen full of dishes that need my attention - I will  be darned if the front of my house doesn't look spiffy at all times. ♥ ♥ ♥

Which is why I've been working on a new wreath for my humongo door. It's either 8 or 9 feet tall... and needs something to make it pretty. I made that huge Christmas wreath (which I loved). So, I decided to try making a new wreath - one that would last me until the fall, at least!

I got my supplies from Hobby Lobby. They didn't have an foam circle thingies, so I settled for hay-stuff wrapped in plastic. It worked just fine. I picked up a cream yarn, and got to work. I found this to be the most tedious part of the job - but I knew I would love the end result, so I just kept wrapping. And wrapping.
And wrapping. I finished it Saturday night while Marcos and I sat down to watch "You Again."






I got up early yesterday to put the final pieces on.


And here is the final product:


Before I actually attached the flowers, I decided to use a clear poly spray on the fabric to see if I could weather proof it a little. Hopefully it will work.

Besides the wreath, I've also been working on some frames for the kids' hallway to go with that beach cruiser pic I found. Very excited about that.

And then finally, we heart attacked the front windows of the house.




Hope you all are having a LOVE-FILLED day!!

P.S. Linking up to SNS.

The Lettered Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Your door looks beautiful....you are so creative...I am not good in that area at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your wreath. It is just the right touch for making your entry even 'homier'.
    I loved having wreaths at our old house...we now have tall/glass doors. Sans wreaths.

    You guys are just getting house stuff done ALL THE TIME. jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)