2.13.2011

To: Our Garage Love: Us

I have to be crazy about our new shelves - considering I am dedicating a WHOLE post to them.
The husband and I went to Costco yesterday and dropped a cool one thousand clams (well, just under) on groceries and 3 heavy duty, super cool storage shelves.


They were $150 a piece. And they are going to make our garage THAT much more organized. My old ball and chain is letting me have one shelf for my cartons of craft stuff. Isn't he sa-weeet?!

While my main squeeze took Alex back to Costco to get the shelves, I took Isa and Nic with me to Target to pick up curtain rods for my tablecloth curtains. I really want to hang them today, but I am not so good with a drill (unless you like Swiss Cheese). And since these are going in the first two rooms you see when you enter my house - I will wait for my handy man to assist. 

After Target, we stopped in on Ross. Lots of ladies there... not much good stuff (in my price plan and in home decor). As I turned to leave, on a top shelf, tucked in the back I saw this beauty:


It's a 16x16 canvas painting. And I LOVE IT.  By the way, the picture of the canvas is courtesy of Alex. I told him to get an up close one, but didn't realize he would take that as - show nothing by the bike. That's really all there is - but still.

I would love to just put it anywhere, where I can see it at all times, but as my mom says - it doesn't really go with my decor. Although I wish.  So instead, I am going to put it in the hallway of the kids' rooms. I was planning on doing a bunch of pictures in there, anyway. I will take picture's when it is up! I've got a couple of things to hang today!

Not only did we get pretties and shelves... we also went to Home Depot on Thursday night and bought a GARAGE DOOR OPENER!!! We haven't even really used the garage much since we had to open it manually. I am looking forward to being able to pull right in and entering through the laundry room door. Soon.

Well, just as soon as the garage door opener installer calls me to set up the appointment.

You're welcome, garage!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love an organized garage. Those shelves are beautiful.
    Can't wait to see the curtains....so excited.
    LOVE the bike picture too...glad you did not resist it.
    I bet your garage is smiling from the inside today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)